Photo courtesy of Independent Journal. Main topic(s): Take your personality into account when searching for your calling. Baby Born With Missing Skull Is a MIRACLE And An INSPIRATION! Click here to...
Since 2008 Greg Weinstein has been Director of Swift Business Solutions, a Web development and hosting company that specializes in Internet presence management, particularly with an emphasis in helping companies manage their social media presence.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [2 min 12 sec] Tell us about your career journey. Father of a 17-year old daugher. Been married 22 times – to the same woman – each year renewing their vows in a different state. Today is director of Swift Business Solutions (for 10 years now), a Website design, development, and communications provider. Moved to Spartanburg area about 11 years ago after just having sold a business in California.
- [6 min 34 sec] Worst career failure? Had to let his best employee go after the employee made a huge mistake that violated company policy. Lesson: Be more clear in communication.
- [15 min 48 sec] How do you use your workplace as your mission field? Encourages/challenges clients to give back to the community. Started a ministry himself called Food from the Heart. Food drives for mission works. Has collected literally tons of food for rescue missions across California and South Carolina.
- [21 min 37 sec] Your number one personal habit for success? Open, honest communication.
- [22 min 20 sec] What three business tips can you offer to aspiring business owners? 1) Love what you do. (You can monetize anything these days.) 2) Be positioned well to communicate what you do. Have an elevator pitch. Give out business cards. 3) Put God’s face on every client or customer. Do whatever you do as unto the Lord. In other words, serve everyone as if you were serving God Himself (because you are).
- [24 min 15 sec] What one book would you recommend? 1) Man in the Mirror: Solving the 24 Problems Men Face by Patrick Morley, 2) Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing the Will of God by Henry Blackaby and Richard Blackaby
- [25 min 30 sec] What one piece of career advice would you give a room of high school seniors? 1) Have your own dream. 2) Pursue it. 3) Love what you do.
- [27 min 08 sec] How can people connect with you? www.swiftbusinesssolutions.com | email@example.com. Via LinkedIn. Via Twitter.
- [29 min 52 sec] Biggest career success? Creating work/life balance (ongoing effort). Learned years ago that nobody ever wins the proverbial rat-race. So, why run a race that you can’t win? Came to understand that life is to be enjoyed, not endured. Business-wise, brought that into a former business with the 9-80 work week. Idea was to work 9 hours per day for 9 days so you can have every other Friday off. Created more balance AND made the workforce more productive. Also enabled them to share their faith with their staff.
- [35 min 38 sec] Biggest weakness? Give too much of himself to a project or to a client. Need to learn how to say no – create some boundaries.
- [37 min 21 sec] Biggest strength? Level of service he gives.
- [39 min 31 sec] Ever been confused about which path to take? Years ago was juggling two businesses: mobile detailing (car cleaning) and graphics manufacturing. Came to a point where he understood he had to focus on one or the other. Gave all he had to one thing. When he divided his attention, he couldn’t give his best to both.
- [41 min 23 sec] Ever had a challenge to your faith in the workplace? No, not really. Sometimes has run into people a little “standoffish,” but never been confrontational. Be bold in sharing your faith, particularly in how you live day-to-day.
- [44 min 19 sec] Ever been faced with a path you just didn’t want to go down? No, not really. Has developed a habit of trust to follow God’s leading.
- [45 min 59 sec] Your number one business habit for success? The day is won or lost in the first hour of the day, so spends time with the Lord early in the day. Also plans the day before the distractions of life start calling. (Robbie mentioned The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) by Hal Elrod.)
- [48 min 04 sec] Productivity tool? A pen and paper to jot down thoughts. (Robbie mentioned Workflowy.)
- Man in the Mirror: Solving the 24 Problems Men Face by Patrick Morley
- Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing the Will of God by Henry Blackaby and Richard Blackaby
- The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) by Hal Elrod
- Get a free audio book with a free trial of Audible.
- Knights of Siena Fencing Academy
- Amazon.com. Shop Amazon.com via this link and a portion of each purchase will go to support the Career Callings Radio Show.
- Samaritan Ministries If you apply, please list Robbie Romeiser as your referrer to support the Career Callings Radio Show.
- Amazon Prime (Free Trial Offer)
- Get a FREE audio book at Audible.com.
- Daily devotions from Robbie Romeiser at TodaysQuoteFromGod.com.
Subscribe to Career Callings Radio!
Robbie Romeiser is a commercial real estate broker, real estate instructor, and author of the daily devotional Today’s Quote From God (www.TodaysQuoteFromGod.com). Desiring to help his own children follow God’s calling in their lives, Robbie founded Career Callings (www.CareerCallings.net) to help people find, prepare for, and pursue the work God has called them to do. To have Robbie speak at your church, business, professional association, or civic club, please email Robbie at firstname.lastname@example.org.