Ed Deese spent nearly 30 years in the ministry in both associate pastor and senior pastor positions. Since 2005, he has been a sales specialist with Rochester Insurance, which specializes...
Merry Christmas 2017! I hope you enjoy this encore performance of Career Callings Radio from January 9, 2017. God bless! – Robbie Romeiser
Lauren Briles has more than 10 years of experience as a real estate professional in Greenville, SC, the majority of which have been with the company she started, The Briles Company. But beyond real estate, Lauren has another passion – early childhood education and character development. So, in pursuit of this passion, Lauren opened the first Primrose School in the state of South Carolina in August 2014. Lauren also dedicates time to numerous organizations including Greenville First Steps, Reach Out and Read, Greenville Women Giving, Junior League of Greenville, and Christ Church.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [4 min 26 sec] Tell us about your career journey. From Austin, Texas. Met her husband at Furman. Settled in Greenville. Opened up The Briles Company, a residential real estate practice. Had her daughter and had a need for childcare. Several friends did, too. Wanted a place that offered childcare coupled with an educational curriculum. Saw a lack of options in Greenville. Researched, and felt the call to open the first Primrose School in South Carolina. Lesson: Many times God’s vocational call arises from a personal need we see that others share.
- [8 min 1 sec] Biggest career success? Opening Primrose. Was a 5-year journey (2009 to 2014) and involved so much effort. Had to research the need, had to discover who had a curriculum that could fulfill the need (Primrose), had to convince Primrose to open in South Carolina, had to find land, had to acquire financing… Now serves +/- 150 children and finds it a blessing to see them grow. Persistence and research were the foundational pillars of this successful journey.
- [19 min 52 sec] Productivity tool? Building relationships with people. Helping others is what productivity is all about, and the more relationships you have, the more people you can help.
- [22 min 45 sec] What three business tips can you offer to aspiring business owners? 1) Understand that it will take a lot longer than you expected, 2) Be passionate/excited about what you are doing. 3) Shadow someone who is doing what you think you’d like to do before you jump in to see if you are passionate about it.
- [24 min 20 sec] What one book would you recommend? A daily devotional, such as Jesus Calling. (RR – www.TodaysQuoteFromGod.com). Give and Take by Adam Grant.
- [26 min 46 sec] What one piece of career advice would you give a room of high school seniors? Be passionate about your work because it will take hard work and perseverance to be successful. God didn’t put us on this Earth to be slothful. He put us here to work for the benefit of others.
- [27 min 53 sec] How can people connect with you? 864-370-8118 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- [30 min 22 sec] Biggest weakness? Management, especially management of employees.
- [31 min 56 sec] Biggest strength? Caring about the clients she serves.
- [33 min 42 sec] How are you using your career to impact others for Christ? Encourages her employees and the children they serve with a positive attitude. Portrays an attitude that makes for a good representation of Christ. Shows them all how appreciative she is for them.
- [35 min 52 sec] Ever been confused about which career direction to go? Has an attitude of trusting God for each step. So, not really confused since believes each step she is taking is directed by God.
- [37 min 46 sec] Ever had a challenge to your faith in the workplace? No direct confrontation. But, each day, she is challenged on whether or not she did properly represent Christ to others. (RR – Philippians 2:13: For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Your relationship with your Lord will determine how well positioned you are to meet each day’s challenges. Recommend Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing the Will of God by by Henry T. Blackaby, Richard Blackaby, & Claude V. King)
- [42 min 17 sec] Your number one business habit for success? Trust in God
- Primrose School
- Give and Take by Adam Grant
- Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing the Will of God by by Henry T. Blackaby, Richard Blackaby, & Claude V. King
- Get a free audio book with a free trial of Audible.
- Knights of Siena Fencing Academy
- Amazon.com. Shop Amazon.com via this link and a portion of each purchase will go to support the Career Callings Radio Show.
- Samaritan Ministries If you apply, please list Robbie Romeiser as your referrer to support the Career Callings Radio Show.
- Amazon Prime (Free Trial Offer)
- Get a FREE audio book at Audible.com.
- Daily devotions from Robbie Romeiser at TodaysQuoteFromGod.com.
Subscribe to Career Callings Radio!
Robbie Romeiser is a commercial real estate broker, real estate instructor, and author of the daily devotional Today’s Quote From God (www.TodaysQuoteFromGod.com). Desiring to help his own children follow God’s calling in their lives, Robbie founded Career Callings (www.CareerCallings.net) to help people find, prepare for, and pursue the work God has called them to do. To have Robbie speak at your church, business, professional association, or civic club, please email Robbie at email@example.com.