Main topics - Knowing when it's time to move on | How to gracefully quit your job. Hey! I'm out of the studio this week and hope you enjoy this Best...
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [2 min 03 sec] Tell us about your family and your career journey. Married to college sweetheart, Janet. 47 years of marriage. Children: Nathaniel (married with a son), Joel, Erik (married), and Jennifer (married, with two girls). Seeks a Christlike Culture by teaching CEOs how to make their workplace a place that honors Christ and cares for people. His Way at Work offers a set of tools and methodology that help CEOs do exactly that.
- [9 min 15 sec] Did your “Corporate Culture” affect how others treated your company? Yes, it caused the company he was selling (an elevator company) to be more valuable.
- [19 min 17 sec] Worst career failure/challenge? Being fired from a VP position for FCCI. He’d moved his family for this job. Learned to not burn bridges. Ended up coming back to the same organization as the CEO.
- [23 min 23 sec] What did the guy say when he rehired you? He apologized and asked for forgiveness.
- [26 min 18 sec] Productivity tool? His calendar.
- [27 min 02 sec] How can people connect with you? Email: email@example.com
- [30 min 27 sec] Biggest career success? Just seeing God make something from nothing. Helped rebuild Mongolia in the early 90s – built a television station which won 3 Emmy Awards.
- [33 min 53 sec] One commonality that God did through your team while abroad? 1. Prayer and prayer support. A team still meets to pray for Mongolia. 2. Not limiting God, and staying on His agenda. 3. Recognizing and utilizing the nature of the body of Christ. Networking.
- [37 min 46 sec] Was there ever a time when you were confused about which path God wanted you on? There was a time when he had nothing to work on; didn’t know where to go. Helped with his walk with God, however. God made his direction clear in the end.
- [42 min 46 sec] How are you using your career to impact others for Christ? By making the workplace more Christlike and different through His Way at Work. Getting to minister to young couples.
- [45 min 24 sec] Ever faced with a challenge to your faith? Not knowing when the changes of life are coming. When FCCI fired him. When Ravi Zacharias had to let him go.
- [49 min 13 sec] Any personal habits that drive career success. 1. Learn to have regular time with God. 2. Be open with meeting and engaging with people.
- [53 min 38 sec] What about a business habit? 1. Creating an atmosphere of prayer in the office. 2. Don’t just stay in the office, look at the bigger picture.
- [56 min 21 sec] 3 pieces of advice for a startup business owner to be successful. 1. Pray! 2. Find people who can help you, be your advisers. 3. Kingdom impact.
- [59 min 02 sec] 1 recommended book and why? Ken Eldred – God is at Work. Articulates the value of business to the kingdom and to the world. And Os Guiness – The Call. What we do is valued by God. You are not second class in the kingdom.
- [1 hour 2 min] What advice would you give to a class of seniors? Identify your own passions and do it.
- Career Direct Assessment
- Amazon.com. Shop Amazon.com via this link and a portion of each purchase will go to support the Career Callings Radio Show.
- Samaritan Ministries If you apply, please list Robbie Romeiser as your referrer to support the Career Callings Radio Show.
- Amazon Prime (Free Trial Offer)
- Get a FREE audio book at Audible.com.
- Daily devotions from Robbie Romeiser at TodaysQuoteFromGod.com.
Subscribe to Career Callings Radio!
Robbie Romeiser is a commercial real estate broker, real estate instructor, and author of the daily devotional Today’s Quote From God (www.TodaysQuoteFromGod.com). Desiring to help his own children follow God’s calling in their lives, Robbie founded Career Callings (www.CareerCallings.net) to help people find, prepare for, and pursue the work God has called them to do. To have Robbie speak at your church, business, professional association, or civic club, please email Robbie at firstname.lastname@example.org.