Happy April 3, 2017! I hope you enjoy this encore performance of Career Callings Radio from July 11, 2016 God bless! – Robbie Romeiser
Photo courtesy of Army Medicine.
Dr. Richard Furman, MD, FACS, has over 30 years experience as a vascular surgeon. He is passionate about helping people prevent the problems that kill over half of all Americans. His unique ability to combine easy-to-follow advice with the latest medical research empowers men and women to:
• Achieve and maintain their ideal weight
• Reduce their risk for life-threatening diseases
• Make exercise a natural part of their lives
• Learn what foods to eat and what foods to avoid
Dr. Furman’s experience includes serving as past president of the North Carolina Chapter of the American College of Surgeons, past president of the North Carolina Surgical Society, and a two-term governor of the American College of Surgeons. He also cofounded World Medical Mission, the medical arm of Samaritan’s Purse, and is a member of the board of Samaritan’s Purse. Dr. Furman lives in North Carolina.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [3m 25s] What pointers can you give to help people discern God’s vocational purpose for their lives? Ask for the Lord’s direction. Start making plans, set goals, knowing that the Lord will direct steps per Proverbs 16:9. Story of student at Appalachian State. Story of intending to open Golden Corral and going with Wendy’s instead.
- [8m 58s] Tell us about your book Prescription for Life. All about helping people understand that what they eat has a tremendous impact on their long-term help. What we eat in American clogs the arteries, causing strokes, heart attacks, and other health issues.
- [16m 34s] Ever had a challenge to your faith? Never a confrontational challenge, but always worried not doing enough. Story of encounter with Hindu man overseas and their discussion about Jesus being the only way. John 14:6, Jesus is the only way. Your work is your witness, so be the best you can be at work so they will listen to you when you witness.
- [24m 7s] Personal habit that leads to your success? Genesis 24:19, the Rebecca Principle. Do more than is expected. If you are excellent in what you do, you will be successful – and people will be more prone to listen to you when you discuss The Lord with them.
- [25m 58s] Recommended book? Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- [27m 20s] How can people connect with you? www.prescriptionforlife.com
- [30m 20s] How did you get where you are in your career today? Working with one brother as a vascular surgeon. Working with another brother via Wendy’s franchise. Author of books.
- [34m 30s] Biggest strength? Building the right team of people. Partnership advise on how to choose a good partner.
- [38m 20s] Was there a time in your life when you were confused about which career path(s) God would have you follow? When/how did the smoke clear so that the career path(s) became evident? Trained to be a cardiac surgeon and was excited for that kind of surgery. Has to settle for vascular surgery as it made more sense for his family.
Subscribe to Career Callings Radio!
Robbie Romeiser is a commercial real estate broker, real estate instructor, and author of the daily devotional Today’s Quote From God (www.TodaysQuoteFromGod.com). Desiring to help his own children follow God’s calling in their lives, Robbie founded Career Callings (www.CareerCallings.net) to help people find, prepare for, and pursue the work God has called them to do. To have Robbie speak at your church, business, professional association, or civic club, please email Robbie at email@example.com.