Photo courtesy of Michael Tapp. Terry Messinger has a Mechanical Engineering degree from the University of SC and a Masters of Christian Ministries from North Greenville University. He serves as...
Photo courtesy of Jeremy Keith.
Jeff Warren is Chief Engineer and CEO of The Warren Group. A licensed professional engineer in 14 states, he holds a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the University of North Carolina as well as a Master of Science and a Doctorate in Mechanical Engineering from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University — all with machine design emphasis.
Jeff regularly investigates personal injury and wrongful death product liability claims as well as property damage claims involving machinery and equipment in both manufacturing and construction workplaces for both the plaintiff and the defense.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [2m 34s] Tell us about you. Married 43 years, 3 children.
- [3m 33s] Where are you in your career today and how did you get there? The Warren Group investigates accidents, usually insurance related. Supervised for a large company, went to work for a smaller company, came to teach at USC, then responded to an ad pertaining to accident investigation business and has worked in that field ever since.
- [8m 20s] How are you currently using your career to impact others for Christ? By working with cases you meet people to which you can exemplify Christ’s character
- [16m 43s] Time in life where you were confused about which career path to follow and if so how did God clear the smoke? Thought he was supposed to get into the machine design business to help people from getting hurt. This desire arose from a childhood accident where he had a finger cut off by a lawn mower. Later understood that this created a passion in him for the injured worker and that his ministry was to deal with post-accident situations.
- [21m 20s] Number one personal habit that drives career success: Quiet time with God every morning; prioritize; journal about blessings
- [22m 05s] Book to recommend: The One Thing; Traction; Good to Great – see Resources below.
- [23m 06s] Number one business habit that drives career success: Treat each case as the most important case ever. Do the best you can in every task.
- [23m 46s] Productivity tool: Omnifocus (app)
- [24m 36s] 3 things to tell new start-up business owner: 1) Go to work for the other man until you can’t stand it any longer; 2) Keep your overhead low; 3) Cash is king. If you run out of cash, you are in trouble.
- [25m 04s] Best career advice for high school seniors: Quickly figure out what you like; learn about what you like to do and figure out how you can sell it to people.
- [27m 32s] Ways to connect with Dr. Jeff Warren: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- [29m 43s] Worst career failure? Took a job in Charlottesville, VA. Made the move to Charlottesville before testing the waters.
- [35m 53s] Biggest career success? Testifying in a trial and one of the parents that lost a child came to him and thanked him for helping her understand what happened.
- [42m 50s] Biggest weakness? Motivating and holding employees accountable.
- [44m 15s] Biggest strength? Explain complex things in an understandable manner. Strategic planning.
- [45m 05s] Ever been faced with a challenge to your faith? Had a client one time that asked Jeff to testify to something that wasn’t true. The client fired Jeff as his expert witness. Later, one of the client’s children died, the client got saved, and later asked for Jeff’s forgiveness.
- [46m 55s] Ever a time that God directed you down a path you didn’t want to go or didn’t understand? God wanted him in the accident investigation business the whole way, and he thought he wanted to do other things. Eventually understood what God wanted.
- The One Thing: The Surprising Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- Great by Choice by Jim Collins and Morten Hansen
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen and James Fallows
- Omnifocus (app)
- Get a free audio book version of The One Thing, Traction, Good to Great, Great by Choice, or Getting Things Done with a free trial of Audible.
- Knights of Siena Fencing Academy
- Amazon.com. Shop Amazon.com via this link and a portion of each purchase will go to support the Career Callings Radio Show.
- Samaritan Ministries If you apply, please list Robbie Romeiser as your referrer to support the Career Callings Radio Show.
- Amazon Prime (Free Trial Offer)
- Get a FREE audio book at Audible.com.
- Daily devotions from Robbie Romeiser at TodaysQuoteFromGod.com.
Subscribe to Career Callings Radio!
Robbie Romeiser is a commercial real estate broker, real estate instructor, and author of the daily devotional Today’s Quote From God (www.TodaysQuoteFromGod.com). Desiring to help his own children follow God’s calling in their lives, Robbie founded Career Callings (www.CareerCallings.net) to help people find, prepare for, and pursue the work God has called them to do. To have Robbie speak at your church, business, professional association, or civic club, please email Robbie at email@example.com.