I've heard it, and you probably have, too: a rut is nothing but a grave with the ends kicked out. If you feel like your job search is in a...
Kevin Brady is an experienced Greenville lawyer and partner with Guest & Brady. Kevin concentrates his practice on helping people with Real Estate transactions, including Residential Real Estate, Commercial Real Estate, Real Estate Investments, and Real Estate Development Contracts. Kevin loves to spend time with his family, loves the outdoors, enjoys traveling, and loves spending time on activities that grow his faith.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [2 m 22 sec] Tell us about your career journey. Grew up in Greenville. Law school. Started general litigation practice in Greenville in 2000. Did that for 5 years. Met his partner Russell Guest and started Guest and Brady in 2005. Kevin started focusing on real estate law at that time.
- [4 m 46 sec] How do you use your workplace as your mission field? Retains a corporate chaplain. They have devotionals at work. The chaplain offers help to both employees and clients of Guest and Brady. Makes a copy of the The Story (a translation of the Bible) available in the lobby. Has given out close to 300 of these over the last two years. Kevin and his partner decided years ago that they would make their business part of their ministry and not ministry part of their business. This mindset helps them understand that ministry has first place in their lives.
- [15 m 37 sec] What has been your biggest career success? Understanding that his business is his mission field and taking the steps he and his partner have taken to turn the workplace into his mission field.
- [17 m 30 sec] Ever suffered from any career confusion? When Russell brought to Kevin the idea of turning their business into their ministry, Kevin was not on board. But the Lord showed him that they needed to start down that path. Every step of the way, it felt more and more right.
- [19 m 19 sec] What three business tips can you offer to aspiring business owners? 1) Pray everyday for wisdom for your business, 2) Focus on your strengths, hire to your weaknesses, 3) Know your numbers – your key performance indicators.
- [24 m 47 sec] What one book would you recommend? Lead for God’s Sake Todd Gongwer. Based on a true story. How to use your work as a ministry.
- [26 m 17 sec] What one piece of career advice would you give a room of high school seniors? Understand your gifts, and find a career that enables you to utilize those gifts.
- [27 m 17 sec] How can people connect with you? 864-233-7200. firstname.lastname@example.org
- [29 m 58 sec] Biggest weakness? Weak in his management skills.
- [31 m 47 sec] Biggest strength? Relating to people and finding a commonality with them.
- [35 m 53 sec] Number one personal habit that drives your success? Quiet time each day with the Lord.
- [37 m 01 sec] Number one business habit that drives your success? Listen to my employees.
- Knights of Siena Fencing Academy
- Amazon.com. Shop Amazon.com via this link and a portion of each purchase will go to support the Career Callings Radio Show.
- Samaritan Ministries If you apply, please list Robbie Romeiser as your referrer to support the Career Callings Radio Show.
- Amazon Prime (Free Trial Offer)
- Get a FREE audio book at Audible.com.
- Daily devotions from Robbie Romeiser at TodaysQuoteFromGod.com.
Subscribe to Career Callings Radio!
Robbie Romeiser is a commercial real estate broker, real estate instructor, and author of the daily devotional Today’s Quote From God (www.TodaysQuoteFromGod.com). Desiring to help his own children follow God’s calling in their lives, Robbie founded Career Callings (www.CareerCallings.net) to help people find, prepare for, and pursue the work God has called them to do. To have Robbie speak at your church, business, professional association, or civic club, please email Robbie at email@example.com.