Here are some shocking statistics:
- Only 27% of college graduates are working in the career field for which they studied (Source: U.S. Census Bureau).
- The average worker today stays at each job for about 4.4 years (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics).
Here are the real life implications of these statistics:
- 73% of college graduates have WASTED tens of thousands of dollars and years of their lives preparing for work that they will NEVER do!
- Constant job turnover, which often results from people working in jobs that they aren’t suited for, frequently leads to stress, lack of purpose, depression, and/or financial struggle.
The late Larry Burkett, founder of Christian Financial Concepts (later Crown Ministries), discovered that a large number of the Christians he was counseling financially were embedded in fields of work that they were obviously NOT designed by God to do. Such mismatches caused these Christians not only heartache and stress; they also caused financial trouble. When people engage in work for which they aren’t suited, they typically don’t perform well, and half-hearted effort usually results in half-hearted pay.
In the late 1980s, Larry envisioned a tool that would help people discover what kind of work God designed them to do, and the Career Direct Assessment was born. Now, with 25+ years and over $2 million invested in its development, the Career Direct Assessment has been designed by Christian professionals in collegiate, mathematical, and psychological fields to help people understand and pursue God’s calling for their lives. Pursuing the work for which God has designed us means that our work ceases to be an empty race for money. Instead, it becomes a purpose-filled work from God! Over 150,000 high school students, college students, and adults worldwide have utilized the Career Direct Assessment to:
- Discover their unique vocational design, which is comprised of their personality, interests, skills/abilities, and values.
- Maximize their God-given talents and abilities.
- Find more satisfaction in life by choosing the right career.
- Choose the college major (or other training) that will help them obtain the work that God has for them to do.
The assessment process includes taking the assessment – which takes about an hour and is completed over the Web – and the time spent (usually 2-3 hours) with a trained consultant who helps the client interpret, and put into action, the assessment’s results. Without a doubt, God is the SOLE authority in identifying His calling for each of our lives, but part of God’s discovery process often includes seeking the wise counsel of fellow believers who are rooted in God’s Word (Proverbs 15:22, Proverbs 11:14). With 25+ years and over $2 million of research backing it up, Career Direct absolutely is part of that wise counsel!
To learn more about the Career Direct Assessment, click on the links below. To learn more Career Direct pricing, please visit our Pricing page.
- For testimonials regarding the impact of Career Direct, please click here, or click on the image below:
- Click on the following image to listen to a 1-hour webinar on how the Career Direct Assessment can help people find God’s calling for their lives:
- Click on the following image to review a sample Career Direct Assessment report. It will show you the detailed feedback that the Career Direct Assessment provides for each client:
- Click on the following video to learn more about the history and development of the Career Direct Assessment:
- Click on the following video to learn more about the math and the science behind the Career Direct Assessment:
For pricing regarding the Career Direct Assessment, please visit our Pricing page.