Ed Deese spent nearly 30 years in the ministry in both associate pastor and senior pastor positions. Since 2005, he has been a sales specialist with Rochester Insurance, which specializes...
Photo courtesy of SD Dirk.
Michael J LaPierre is a business executive who specializes in Christian leadership training and development. A former minor league baseball player, his executive experiences include VP Sales, Director of Sales & Marketing, Director Global Sales Strategy and other leadership positions with the companies like UPS, Arnold Industries, Lily Transportation, and Roadway Express. Mike is also an entrepreneur, church servant/deacon, and community leader, and he is the founder and current President of Christian Leadership Worldview International (clwi.org).
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [1m 58s] Tell us about you and how you got to where you are today. Married with children and grandchildren. Started in Minor League Baseball. Later started climbing the corporate ladder.
- [4m 25s] How baseball led to his salvation. Befriended by a young man who was a bold witness. Went for a jog one night after a game. Went to center field, no one was around, and dropped to his knees and got saved.
- [6m 35s] Worst career failure and lessons learned from it: Hitting a recession after many years of success. Lesson: you can never stay too close to ground level. Never too much time you can invest in your employees.
- [11m 00s] Biggest career success and lessons learned: Securing the Vice President of Sales position at Arnold Industries.
- [12m 20s] What led to that success? God directing. Diligence.
- [19m 37s] How are you using your career to impact others for Christ? Started a nonprofit, traveling Christian training and developing ministry. Wrote book: “The Christian Leader’s Worldview.”
- [24m 04s] Have you ever had a challenge to your faith in the workplace? Dealing with mean spirited people. How to deal with it? Pray.
- [26m 11s] Recommended book and why? The Tabernacle by M.R. DeHaan, M.D. It teaches that Christ is the beginning and the end.
- [27m 27s] How can people connect? Website: www.clwi.org. Work email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal email: email@example.com.
- [30m 07s] Biggest weakness in the workplace: 1) Technology side of things 2) Not very detailed
- [31m 49s] Biggest strength in the workplace: Ability to communicate and build relationships.
- [33m 05s] Ever been confused on which direction to take? Just gotten a release letter from baseball team. Had no more desire to play baseball. Didn’t know where to go next. Started working three months later.
- [36m 28s] Ever been down a career path that you were reluctant to go down? Transition from transportation to director of sales and marketing.
- [38m 09s] Biggest lesson from aforementioned question? Be flexible. Have plans, but allow God to take you somewhere else.
- [39m 06s] #1 personal habit that drives career success? Spending every morning in God’s word, as well as reading multiple books at a time.
- [40m 05s] About when do you get up and how long do you spend in the reading? Wake up at 7, go to sleep at midnight. A couple of hours.
- [41m 03s] #1 business habit that drives career success? Strategic planning.
- [42m 18s] Productivity tool? Google Adwords.
- [43m 37s] 3 things to suggest to a new entrepreneur: 1) Read your Bible every single day 2) Pray every day 3) Build relationships with people
- [45m 07s] Advice for high school seniors? Unsaved: get to know the Savior. Saved: pray, read your Bible, and understand your spiritual gifts
- Knights of Siena Fencing Academy
- Amazon.com. Shop Amazon.com via this link and a portion of each purchase will go to support the Career Callings Radio Show.
- Samaritan Ministries If you apply, please list Robbie Romeiser as your referrer to support the Career Callings Radio Show.
- Amazon Prime (Free Trial Offer)
- Get a FREE audio book at Audible.com.
- Daily devotions from Robbie Romeiser at TodaysQuoteFromGod.com.
Subscribe to Career Callings Radio!
Robbie Romeiser is a commercial real estate broker, real estate instructor, and author of the daily devotional Today’s Quote From God (www.TodaysQuoteFromGod.com). Desiring to help his own children follow God’s calling in their lives, Robbie founded Career Callings (www.CareerCallings.net) to help people find, prepare for, and pursue the work God has called them to do. To have Robbie speak at your church, business, professional association, or civic club, please email Robbie at firstname.lastname@example.org.